Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lily's Horse Birthday Party

Kids + horse rides + animal control + pinatas + cake = always good times. The kids loved the horse rides on Bobo and whatever the pony's name was. Apples? Dale? Brennan? Can't remember. Everything was going smoothly with the pony rides down the street until the fuzz showed up. I couldn't believe my luck! I had a camera in hand and was ready to shoot Greg getting maced, but he talked his way out of any tickets or jail time. Actually, there ended up being no problems at all with him hosting pony rides in the school playground. Good for the birthday girl, bummer for me and my camera.



Lily's party had a nice horse/ cowgirl theme to it.







But, the choice of a horse pinata struck me as odd. I mean, the kids are riding horses, petting the ponies, painting pictures of them and then they round out the night by beating the crap out of one. And then they feasted on it's spilled innards. You can see it on the pinata's face. He knows what's coming.





The horse rides were a lot of fun for the kids. There was one little cowboy who came dressed for the occassion, but lacked the courage to get in the saddle. I can't remember if he ended up riding or not, but he won the prize for Best Dressed Party-goer.





Lily seemed like she had a blast. I didn't know if she was going to be hungry for cake after her snacks. First was silly putty.



Then, the horse candle.



My kids loved the party. Torrey got to lead the kids on one of the horses around the park.



And Jake apparently got on a horse for the first time. Hopefully, the last as well.





Finally, Leah stepped in a had her usual amazing photo shoot. This girl loves the camera.





And, then the ride off into the sunset. Of suburbia.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Humm Park Rangers come to your camp site and police to your birthday parties. Do I sense a trend here?

But you captured some fine pictures. I'm surprised Ms. Police lady let you get a shot of her.

Vivi said...

Jake's got some natural talent there. If only he were smaller he could be a jockey.

Nice shots of the Moor visit, by the way. Our turn next.