Monday, July 14, 2008

Como!



Torrey and I got back from 5 days at Camp Como with RMCC yesterday. We were both exhausted, but refreshed from a fun week at camp. I was a counselor in a cabin of 11 6th grade boys. I'm amazed at how kids at that age never seem to run out of energy or creative ways to say 'fart'. Even 2 hours after "Lights out"... when you're totally exhausted... and your bunk is 3 inches too short for you... and the whole room smells like a pile of sweat socks left overnight in a sauna. And then, everyone finally drifts off to sleep and you can finally try to salvage the few remaining hours of sleep, only to have one kid start a coughing fit that lasts until 3am. Good times!

Como is a tiny little "town" that's settled in an amazing valley in SW Colorado. The campground is probably three times the size of the actual town itself. And, with 140 kids in attendance, we probably quadrupled the town's population. The camp experience was great for both Torrey and I. It was a time of spiritual renewal and healing for a lot of campers and staff. I found myself wishing that we could do it all over again as soon as Sunday arrived. Can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like fun times. I hope to hear much more about all your adventures.