Thursday, July 17, 2008

Too Good A Day To Pass Up - REMIX!!

Due to some negative (albeit funny) remarks about my previous post, I'm choosing to edit this entry!!! Ok, so my wonderful wife pointed out that I've been taking pictures of everyone's kids but our own. The nice 8x10s we have on our family room wall were taken 13 months ago. I offered to switch them out for 8x10s that I took around Christmas, just to get our pictures within the last year. But, she won out and these shots are the result. Actually, there were quite a few good ones in the bunch. I can't believe how old Jake looks in them. It's one of those times where you see your kid and instantly know how he'll look when he's 16 or 18. He was more interested in chasing the rabbits that were all over the place than standing still for a picture, but we still got some of him. I know I'm getting in a rut by shooting in the same location everytime, but my little town isn't really a cultural hub. Instead of gardens with sculptures and old cathedrals with amazing architecture, we have a Dick's Sporting Goods and the old sugar beet mill. Granted, we also have the Rocky Mountains in our backyard, but whatever.




Could he look any older???







4 comments:

Heather said...

ok, the real story is that it's our anniversary on Sunday and since the cobbler's children have no shoes, I nagged you to go take the kids pics as a present...and the temp was 99 degrees-not exactly picture perfect! Love you my glass-is-always-full-husband...

Sally said...

They're still great pictures, and Happy Anniversary.

Do you get pictures of the other kids too?

Vivi said...

Those are quite good...maybe I can come be your apprentice. You can call me "Daniel-son" and make me paint the fence.

petiteblogger said...

Don't you have any other kids? Do you want me to send you some of them?